Lead Out will tailor a Periodised cycling training program specifically designed to target your physiological requirements of cycling, ensuring that your training fits around your lifestyle and goals. You will also have the option to join our group rides throughout the week. The training program will be specific for the individual demands of your chosen event.
Every month you will receive this personalised training program specifying where, when and how you will train for each session.
- As well as receiving the personalised program, on our group rides you will be instructed on all of the skills involved such as:
- the signals used within a group
- pacing by speed and heart rate intensity
- where to ‘sit’ within a group
- posture and position on the bike
- pedalling technique
- correct gear selection
- If you have a heart rate monitor we will set your training within set heart rate zones, and teach you how to train within these zones.
- A training program that is specific and personalised to your goals and requirements.
- Refinement of the skills that you have already acquired, and develop and advance techniques such as climbing, sprinting, and time trialing.
- Further develop your aerobic fitness base, increase fitness and strength, develop your weakness such as endurance or climbing.
- Your personalised program will be targeted towards your priority event or race and will be prescribed using heart rate training zones, and power zones if you have a power meter device.
- Assess your training methods and determine ways to gain improvement.
- Target the skills and fitness components required to advance performance.
- Prescribe advanced sessions utilising a stationary bike such as a Wattbike, ergo-cycle, or your bike on a ‘wind- trainer’.
- Maximise training efficiency- exact determination of what zones to train in at all times.
- Your personalised program will be targeted towards your priority event or race and will be prescribed using heart rate and power training zones.
For training purposes we recommend you use a heart rate monitor to assist in training at the intensity that you have been prescribed for each session.
We recommend the Garmin Edge 500 with Heart Rate monitor and Cadence sensor.
Below is a sample week of a program.