At Lead Out we provide a cycling training program incorporating 3 weekly group training rides.
Our rides are planned to progress fitness and skills and phased to suit the demands of the various events on the cycling calendar such as recreational rides, Gran Fondo’s, road races and summer criteriums.
Members receive a detailed program including our three rides, and sessions to complete on other days.
As well as receiving the training program, on our group rides you will be instructed on all of the skills involved such as:
- the signals used within a group
- pacing by speed and heart rate intensity
- where to ‘sit’ within a group
- posture and position on the bike
- pedalling technique
- correct gear selection
- refinement of the skills that you have already acquired, and develop and advance techniques such as climbing, sprinting, and time trialing
- further develop your aerobic fitness base, increase fitness and strength, develop any weaknesses such as endurance or climbing
- focus on efficiency – including pedalling technique, cycling posture and stability
If you have a heart rate monitor or powermeter we will set your training zones, and teach you how to train within these zones.